JANUARY'S TOPIC OF THE MONTH

A BRAND NEW YEAR~ Take It By Storm!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Response to January's 2010 Topic of The Month~

Wow,

It is amazing how time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking into the future~ We all are growing, getting older, and making life changing decisions. I could tell a lie and say 2009 was an excellent year but truly it was not. Now don't get me wrong I had my health, my mind was strong, my kids were healthy, a roof over my head, and a job that paid some income, completion of my Masters degree etc. So when I say not my best year I am not saying it all bad, simply was not my best year. This year was truly the year of change, a change in jobs, the way I view marriage, friendships, career options, the way I raise my girls, my understanding of the true tribe of Israel etc. This was the year where the last 3 years of my life finally came to a point and I had to face all what has occurred from the summer of 2005-2007 all the way through winter of 2009. The good, the bad and the ugly~ Talking to many of you it appeared 2009 was a time of reflection and change to prepare us for our new journey.

Some amazing things happened to all of us, from getting promotions during a recession, getting a new job due to lay offs (loving it or hating it), separating from friends and family, reuniting with friends and family, losing income, sustaining income, getting degrees, starting school again etc...etc...! So what are you all planning to do with your new found information?

Well what ever you are facing in the New Year, remember this is just what it says, this is a NEW YEAR. A new year means to start off new, make the changes in your life to assist you. Keeping your eyes on the prize, your head to the sky and making YOU a priority. Your husbands, boyfriends and children are all wonderful but without you being their it means nothing. So before you can be any good to anyone else, we must each take care of ourselves first. Now for those who do not have an open mind, or are only reading specific words, you may find this offensive. For that I feel sorry for you, and if you don't like what you are reading, you have a choice not to log onto the post. For the other 99.5% of you who have been supportive, and emailing and texting me for more info on the blog, I am speaking to you! As women we are so much to so many people and often we forget about ourselves in the process. We don't take care of our health, our skin, our teeth, our eyes, our clothes, the food we put in our body, etc. We must change this in the New Year. When we place our focus on God, and attention on ourselves we become better for our friends, family, children, boyfriends, husbands, and even jobs/careers. It is a difference from being selfish and making ourselves a priority. All I am sharing with my lady bloggers is to say in this New Year, make YOU a priority!

If you are with me, look in the mirror and say "In This New Year, I will be a Priority". I want nothing but blessing, love, and happiness for all of you, may you all receive what you need and you want in 2010 and the years to come!

A special thank you to all of you who have been supportive with blogging our site in 2009, and if I have not mentioned you, charge this to the head and not the heart!
Kimberly Jones, Karen "keke" Mitchell, Michelle,Nicole,Monique, Melissa,Chandra, Lisa,
Robyn,Dolores,Eunice, Alice, Corene,Domminiqe, Dwan, Karen JP,Kenya, Kim Williams,
Landa,Lisah,Nina,Nyah,Pam,Schjuana,Shana,Tara,Tia,Tiffany,Tracie,Weezee
Along with all of the rest, and the new viewers~

God Bless~
Our Hearts 2 Yours!
knedwards-montgomery

2 comments:

  1. A new blog, yeah!
    And just in time. It was a blessing to read this.
    Thanks for sharing your heart and encouraging us to make ourselves a priority so that we can maintain our family and other responsibilities. I went back to school so I was glad to read that so many others are taking advantage of this opportunity to move ahead with our personal goals, which in turn, benefits our families as well. Spiritually building up the heart, physically restoring the body, mentally maturing in the mind and financially being a wise spender, I am praying for blessings all year long. For myself and others!
    Blessings to all!
    His Rib

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisah Lee, good to hear you are taking this time to finish up your few credits towards your degree. Many are going back to finish or are just beginning and it is wonderful. Making you a priority will be a benifit to all who knows an love you!
    Take Care and Have a Fab Year~
    knedwards-montgomery

    ReplyDelete